Since the COVID-19 outbreak, there has been an exponential rise in phishing email schemes and other cyber network attacks by cybercriminals. This rise has emphasized the need and importance of Network & Cyber Security awareness. This post aims to explore what Network Security is all about and dive into some statistics from around the world.
A network security vulnerability is a weakness or flaw which can be exploited by a malicious actor to perform unauthorized actions within a computer system. Recent malware attacks have become more sophisticated with the advent of machine learning and targeted spear phishing emails.
Network security aims to create a secure environment for all the applications, devices and users to work securely together. It brings together multiple defense layers to implement controls and policies. Only authorized users can then access the network resources while malicious users are restricted.
Below are some statistics around the world and industries:
Network Security Breach Statistics
(I) Federal & Local Government
- United States: 38%
- India: 17%
- Japan: 11%
- Taiwan: 7%
- Ukraine: 6%
- South Korea: 6%
- Brunei: 4%
- Russia: 4%
- Vietnam: 4%
- Pakistan: 3%
Small and medium businesses are not exempted from cyberattacks either. Here are some statistics:
(II) Small Businesses
- 43% of cyberattacks target small business
- 47% of small businesses had at least one cyberattack in the past year, 44% of those had two to four attacks
- 70% of small businesses are unprepared to deal with a cyberattack
- 3 out of 4 small businesses say they do not have sufficient personnel to address IT security
- 66% of small business are very concerned about cyber security risk
- 85% of small businesses plan to increase spending on managed security services
- 51% of small businesses say they are not allocating any budget to cyber security
- 58% of malware attack victims are categorized as small businesses
Considering all organizations are placing focus on the demands of their employees and customers, network security cannot be ignored. It is crucial for protecting your proprietary information against attacks.
Network Security should be of utmost importance and factored in as part of an organization’s IT infrastructure planning and deployment.
At Vertex, we are partnered with the world’s leading Network Security providers. Some of the Network Security solutions we provide are;
- Access Control
- Data Loss Prevention
- Email Security
- Anti-malware Software
- Behavioral Analytics
- Application Security
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- IT Security Audit
- Manage Security Solutions
- IT Security Compliance
- End-to-End Security
Get in touch with one of our experts to evaluate whether your business is vulnerable to cyber threats and what measures could be adopted to ward off future threats to your business’ sensitive and confidential data.
#FactualFridays #VertexTechnoSolutions #ITManagedServices #ITInfrastructureSolutions #ITServicesProvider #Virtualization #DataStorage #CyberSecurity #EnhancedCustomerSupport #Productivity #DataAnalytics