The new year and holidays may be joyous occasions; however, it comes with its share of risks, especially those concerning an organization’s IT infrastructure.
Cybersecurity threats are at an all-time high: there are risks of system downtime and others that can bring business to a halt and sometimes even worse, loss of critical business data.
To prevent such risks, below-mentioned are some measures your IT department can implement immediately.
Back up your critical data regularly and have a disaster recovery plan in place.
Protect your critical data from ransomware and other security threats through frequent backups. Double-check to ensure that all your data is covered. Ensure that your backed up data is stored away from your primary systems and have a well-planned disaster recovery plan in place in case of a data breach or data loss.
Have an effective business continuity plan
Identify threats that could possibly hinder your business’ daily operations. If left unchecked, these threats could lead to potential productivity and data loss. Furthermore, have an impeccable failover plan along with a strong monitoring system in place.
Internally educate employees about the possible cybersecurity threats
Educating employees about security risks – such as phishing attacks and suspicious emails – enables them to protect themselves from falling victim to these threats.
Additional steps that can be implemented:
- Automatic scaling and migration to deduce whether your infrastructure has sufficient resources to run during the holiday season in case of a sudden data surge.
- Administer rolling restarts on your servers and other virtual devices.
- Apply and test patches or upgrades to ensure that your IT systems remain stable and avoid further issues.
- Avoid bottlenecks through properly distributing your database files.
- Ensure your device can manage additional traffic through the use of automatic failovers only if necessary.
- Inspect your bandwidth requirements and close down any unnecessary synchronisation tasks.
- Make your app workflows as independent as possible and check for any failures.
- Ensure that no last moment changes regarding testing are done.
- Ensure that an escalation protocol is established and communicated throughout the organisation.
- Load and stress-test your IT infrastructure.
An experienced and reliable IT Managed Services partner will guarantee smooth functioning of your business and safeguarding your business’ critical data.
Vertex, over the last 28 years has been the trusted IT partner for some of the world’s most renowned brands.
Get in touch with our experts to see how Vertex can be your IT Managed Services Partner for the foreseeable future.
Vertex Techno Solutions (B) Pvt Ltd is a multi-award winning pioneer in the technology infrastructure solutions and services domain with its roots running deep into the IT industry for nearly 30 years.
Vertex offers top-notch enterprise and end-consumer IT Infrastructure & Computing Solutions & Services at competitive prices.
We have helped improve, transform and grow companies across multiple verticals with its industry & technology expertise and unparalleled support services.
#ThrivingTuesdays #VertexTechnoSolutions #ITInfrastructureManagement #ITInfrastructure #ManagedITServices #ITServices #CyberSecurity #DataSecurity #ITInfrastructureSolutions #NetworkSolutions #DataCenterSolutions #NetworkSecurity