According to research, when an employee develops a close co-worker friendship on the job, employee satisfaction has been seen to go up by 50% (NBRII, 2021).
Flourishing in one’s career requires more than just ambition and a goal; an individual’s professional success is also dependent on the relationships they share with their co-workers.
Developing valuable relationships in the workplace is an essential skill to cultivate. Albeit time consuming and arduous, more often than not, is beneficial to both employees and employers in the long run. This is because, along with long-lasting relationships, it also leads to a greater sense of purpose, ultimately leading to employee and job satisfaction.
Other than these, organizations and employees both truly benefit from co-worker relationships and collaboration in the following ways:
- Enables one to perform and tap into their full potential to efficiently churn out high-quality work and has also been known to provide clarity to their roles in a project or task.
- Ensures a subliminal positive effect leading to employees working harder to collectively achieve the organization’s goals, in turn increasing productivity. This is because co-workers understand each other and share common goals, thus motivating themselves and others to achieve them.
- Boosts employee morale, positively affecting an organization’s output.
- Reduced employee turnover and increased retention.
- Improved physical and mental health, decreased stress levels.
- Smoother integration of newer team members into the organization.
I began my career as an Engineer and have been promoted to Network Consultant. I am learning more about networking and preparing myself to meet new tasks.
My friend introduced me to Vertex, and with friendly, supportive, and motivating colleagues, I am genuinely proud to be a part of Team Vertex and see its growth.
George Sruthin, Network Consultant – Kochi Branch
One can build effective co-worker relationships by making time to develop them, showing interest and being curious to learn more about one’s colleagues and their lives. In addition, one can ask and offer help when needed and build trust by keeping promises and showing appreciation for co-workers.
What are some ways you effectively develop positive, thriving relationships with your co-workers?
Leave your thoughts below.
Vertex Techno Solutions (B) Pvt Ltd is a multi-award winning pioneer in the technology infrastructure solutions and services domain with its roots running deep into the IT industry for nearly 30 years.
Vertex offers top-notch enterprise and end-consumer IT Infrastructure & Computing Solutions & Services at competitive prices.
We have helped improve, transform and grow companies across multiple verticals with its industry & technology expertise and unparalleled support services.